- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl. Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries. Beat for two minutes. Pour batter into two 9 inch round greased and floured cake pans. Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar, plus extra, as needed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4-5 tablespoons strawberry fruit spread or jam
In a medium bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter until light and smooth. Beat in 3 cups powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Beat in the strawberry fruit spread or jam into the vanilla frosting. Mix in the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, plus extra, as needed, until smooth and creamy.